WHAT’S A COOKIE?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
COOKIES ARE EITHER:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. I use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
COOKIES CAN ALSO BE CATEGORISED AS FOLLOWS:
– Strictly necessary cookies:
These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on my website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies:
These cookies enable me to monitor and improve the performance of my website. For example, they allow me to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
When you visit my website, I collect two types of information about you:
1. “Non Personal Information”, which is information that doesn’t identify you personally. This includes the country and region that you're in when you access my website, time of access, the pages you've visited and the time spent on my site. When you access my site, I automatically collect this sort of information via Google analytics cookies. It helps me to have an overview of how people are using my site, which in turn can help me make sensible decisions to improve the user friendliness of my website. I've provided you with a link at the bottom of this page so you can check out Google's cookies and privacy advice in relation to Google.
2. “Personally Identifiable Information” is non public information that identifies you personally for example your name, email address, phone number and IP address. Please note: I can ONLY collect Personally Identifiable Information via my website if you choose to share this with me in your initial booking enquiry by using the contact form.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING COOKIES
You can choose to delete, block or disable all cookies from all websites, or some websites. If you choose to block cookies, you just need to be aware that some of the features on my website may be inactive and some of my pages might not display correctly. This will be the case for most other websites too. Should this happen, you always have the option of changing back your cookies setting again. All is not lost!
HOW DO DISABLE COOKIES
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES AND PRIVACY
For more information on your privacy by Wix, my website platform, and it's third party apps, go to: https://www.wix.com/about/privacy
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES AND GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR):
You can learn more about cookies and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) at the Information Commissioners Office:
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
Please contact me at Lizzie Kelly, Oxford Counselling & Psychotherapy, 30 Beaumont Street, Oxford, OX1 2NY or at if you need further information